Create an Organic Garden
Organic gardening means growing in harmony with the environment without using chemical fertilisers and toxic pest controls.
- Start with the soil – improve by adding compost or well-aged manures.
- Mulch regularly with an organic layer.
- Fertilise plants with natural fertilisers like Yates Nature’s Way Fish Emulsion or Dynamic Lifter.
- Happy, well-grown plants are less likely to be attacked by pests and diseases.
- There’s a range of gentle pest controls in the Yates Nature’s Way range (e.g. pyrethrum that comes from a daisy flower)
- Companion plants keep other plants growing well and can help drive some pests away. Basil and tomatoes growing together are good examples. Or plant nasturtiums to add colour and deter pests.
- Yates organic seeds have been produced with no chemicals or artificial fertilisers. If you grow organic vegies you’ll be eating the very best foods
This area is for general comments from members of the public. Some questions or comments may not receive a reply from Yates. For all consumer related enquiries, please contact us.