Useful Articles for gardeners of all abilities.
How to grow your own tomatoes
- Dig the soil to one good spade’s depth up to 3 months before planting.
- Mix in some well-aged manure or compost.
- About 6 weeks later, dig in some Yates Garden Lime.
- Plant tomato seedlings and water in well.
- Feed every week with Yates Thrive Soluble Plant Food
- Control pests and diseases with Guardall.
Growing Tomatoes in pots
If you don’t have enough space in the garden to grow tomatoes, try them in containers instead. Yates Tiny Tim is compact enough to grow in a small container. Larger varieties need bigger pots – a Yates Tuscan pot in the 400mm size is best. Fill with Thrive Premium Potting Mix and fertilise regularly with Thrive Soluble Plant Food. Guardall will control a wide range of pests and diseases.