Create a Yates account today!
Sign up to join the Yates Garden Club for monthly e-mails packed with seasonal inspiration, tips for success & exclusive promotions.
Plus if you’re a Garden Club member you can take part in the Yates Growing Community - a blog to share successes, get advice & win prizes in fun challenges along the way!
Enter the email address associated with your account, and we'll email you a new password.
This is an all-time classic ball game that many have played at school.
It is played on a square court further divided into four smaller squares. There is a King, Queen, Jack and Dunce square.
One player stands in each of the squares, with the highest-ranked player in King square, lowest in Dunce square.
You bounce a ball among the players, bouncing once in the other person’s square before that person handballs it back to you. You can play 4 squares, 2 squares or even up to 6 squares if you want to get creative.
Equipment: A four-square court or sidewalk chalk and tennis or bouncy ball.
• If you are out you go to the end of the line.
• The King serves and the serve must be fair.
• The King can serve to anyone.
• The King should only serve when all the players are ready.
• Each player moves up to the next square when someone is out.
• If the ball lands on the line replay the point.
• You must be in your own square.
• Only one person per square.
• Play fairly and be a good sport.
• The ball bounces twice in your court before or after you hit the ball.
• You hit the ball into another court on the full.
• You miss the ball.
• The ball hits your body as you attempt to play the ball.
• You roll the ball.
• You grab the ball.
• You go into another persons square.
4 Player Handball
• If you get out you go to dunce and all other players move up one square.