Create a Yates account today!
Sign up to join the Yates Garden Club for monthly e-mails packed with seasonal inspiration, tips for success & exclusive promotions.
Plus if you’re a Garden Club member you can take part in the Yates Growing Community - a blog to share successes, get advice & win prizes in fun challenges along the way!
Enter the email address associated with your account, and we'll email you a new password.
Specifically formulated for the successful growing of desert cacti such as opuntia, cereus and mammillaria, tropical cacti such as epiphyllum and schlumbergera, a range of succulent plants including aloe, euphorbia, kalanchoe and echeveria and bromeliads such as aechmea and vriesea.
HOW TO USE
1. Water plants thoroughly before repotting.
2. Select a well drained pot, a little larger than the current pot.
3. Partly fill with a layer of Yates Thrive Cacti & Succulent Potting Mix.
4. Remove the plant from the old pot, hold the base of the plant firmly (wrap a folded newspaper around the plant to protect your hands from spiny cacti), and tap the pot gently against the edge of a table to loosen the root ball.
5. Gently brush the mix from around the roots. Remove damaged or dead roots.
6. Position the plant in the pot, leaving a 1-2 cm space below the rim for watering.
7. Holding the plant in position, pour mix down and around the roots. Gently tap the bottom of the pot to settle the contents and add more mix if necessary.
8. Lightly firm with fingers and water in well.
Position: Ensure good ventilation during summer, turn plants to ensure even growth. Most enjoy medium to bright light.
Watering: Do not overwater or apply water directly to foliage. Keep the mix moist during active growing periods. Water infrequently through winter. Preferably, water cacti and succulents from the bottom. Place in a saucer of water for 20 minutes and discard any surplus water.
NOT TO BE USED FOR ANY PURPOSE OR IN ANY MANNER CONTRARY TO THIS LABEL UNLESS AUTHORISED
Special blend of composted bark, fine bark, sand or pumice and a controlled release fertiliser.
This product is made from organic materials which may contain living micro-organisms, including bacteria, fungi and protozoa. It also contains mineral and fertiliser additives. Read this information before opening and using this product.
Inhalation of dust and/or mists may irritate, inflame or sensitive the nose, throat and lungs resulting in illnesses ranging from hayfever or asthma, to pneumonia (e.g. Legionnaire's disease) or pneumonia-like illnesses. Direct contact with this material or its dust and/or mists may cause skin irritation (dermatitis), and skin or eye infection or irritation. People particularly at risk are those suffering from asthma or allergies, and those whose immune defence systems are compromised.
To reduce risks when using product, take the following precautions. Open the bag carefully and direct the opening away from the face. Avoid contact with eyes and skin. Avoid breathing dust or mists. Always wear gloves and a dust mask when handling and if dusty, keep product damp. Wash hands and exposed skin thoroughly immediately after handling. Store this product in a cool, dry location. For more information visit nzppi.co.nz/safergardening.
Irrigate eyes with plenty of water for 10 minutes. Wash the skin with soap and water. Seek medical attention for any persistent skin, eye or respiratory symptoms.
KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN AND PETS
EMERGENCIES ONLY CALL (24 hours): 0800 734 607