Create a Yates account today!
Sign up to join the Yates Garden Club for monthly e-mails packed with seasonal inspiration, tips for success & exclusive promotions.
Plus if you’re a Garden Club member you can take part in the Yates Growing Community - a blog to share successes, get advice & win prizes in fun challenges along the way!
Enter the email address associated with your account, and we'll email you a new password.
A non-hormone, non-selective, highly translocated weedkiller. It has a relatively short soil life. Treated areas may be sown 4 weeks after treatment. Can be safely used around established trees and shrubs providing care is taken not to spray leaves of desirable plants. Effects may not become noticeable until 3-4 weeks after application.
DIRECTIONS: Use 10-20ml per litre of water. Add 3ml per litre Yates Spray Fix Wetting Agent for improved wetting. Evenly wet all foliage, avoiding needless run-off onto the soil. Use the higher rate on the difficult weeds listed below.
SPRAY EQUIPMENT: Yates Amitrole Weedkiller Concentrate is slightly corrosive and should be flushed out thoroughly with clean water, plus wetting agent immediately after use.
WEEDS CONTROLLED: Yates Amitrole Weedkiller Concentrate is non-selective and will control most broadleaf weeds and grasses. However, its main use is for the control of the more difficult weeds: couch, Indian doab, sheep sorrel, Mercer grass, periwinkle, Cape ivy, wandering trad and dock.
To control bamboo, cut down mature wood and spray regrowth when 1 metre high and in active growth. Hard-to-kill perennials may require repeat treatments to achieve a complete kill.
NOT TO BE USED FOR ANY PURPOSE OR IN ANY MANNER, CONTRARY TO THIS LABEL UNLESS AUTHORISED
400g/litre amitrole in the form of a soluble concentrate
IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ THE LABEL COMPLETELY BEFORE USE
WARNING: This product may be harmful if swallowed, inhaled or absorbed through the skin. Toxic to human organs. May impair human fertility or cause damage to human organs or the unborn child if taken orally at repeated high doses. May cause eye irritation. Very toxic to the soil environment and toxic to the aquatic environment.
PRECAUTIONS: Keep out of reach of children. Avoid contact with eyes, skin and inhalation of spray mist. Avoid contact during pregnancy. Wear protective gloves and eye protection when mixing or using. Use product in well-ventilated areas. Do not contaminate any water supply or fishponds with product or empty container. DO NOT spray over, or allow drift over, an aquatic environment, onto other crops or outside the target area.
FOR EMERGENCIES ONLY: CALL 0800 220 770 (24 HOURS)
RECORD KEEPING: Records of use must be kept if using more than 200ml of product within 24 hours.
STORAGE & DISPOSAL: Store in original container, tightly closed, safely away from children, domestic animals and foodstuffs. Avoid contamination of seed, fertilisers, and other pesticides. Dispose of this product only by using according to the label or at an approved landfill. Rinse empty container, puncture and recycle or dispose of safely with domestic rubbish.
FIRST AID: If swallowed do NOT induce vomiting. For advice contact the National Poisons Centre 0800 POISON (0800 764 766) or a doctor immediately. If skin or hair contact occurs, remove contaminated clothing and flush skin and hair with running water. If splashed in eyes, wash out immediately with running water for at least 15 mIns and seek medical attention.
BEWARE: Apply this product carefully. Spray drift may cause serious damage to other desirable plants.
DO NOT apply on or around food or animal feed crops