This wee dip is not unlike Baba ghanoush but made with zucchini instead of an eggplant. If you aren’t sure about trying a beetroot soup – this recipe is far friendlier toward the Kiwi palate!
2 garlic cloves
Paprika or dill to garnish
3 tbs tomato paste
2tbs olive oil
½ tsp each salt and pepper
Pinch of nutmeg
- Roughly chop all vegies and mince the garlic. Combine seasoning ingredients.
- Put vegies into a baking tray or into a roast bag and add seasoning mixture.
- Bake for 40 minutes at 180C.
- Once ready, take vegies out of the bag/tray and put into a deep saucepan.
- Puree vegies with blender and taste to see if more salt/pepper is needed.
- Bring mixture to boil, keep an eye on it at all times during this step as it sort of starts splashing once hot. I like to keep a lid on.
- Once boiled leave to cool. Serve garnished with dill or paprika.