As harvesting time will soon be upon us all, I figured that I could share with you some harvesting tips I have learnt through years of gardening.
- A good harvesting dress is essential. You are looking for a light and breezy dress that allows for movement and is comfortable on a hot summers day.
- Accessories matter. A good sun hat to match the dress will not only make you stand out from the crowd but also provide good protection from the sun.
- When moving around your garden it is essential to skip not walk. Skipping helps the bees and other good bugs recognise you as friend not foe.
- A good havesting basket should have plenty of room for your produce and good handle so you can swing it gleefully.
- When harvesting remember to sing a joyful song. When singing make sure you take time to strike a pose with you arm held out so that birds can land on it and return your merry tune.
- Remember to wave joyfully to anybody you see when out on your garden.
Happy harvesting everyone. May your harvests be bountiful this year.
Neil...this photo is for you. I do believe you dared me to harvest in a dress last year!