Create a Yates account today!
Sign up to join the Yates Garden Club for monthly e-mails packed with seasonal inspiration, tips for success & exclusive promotions.
Plus if you’re a Garden Club member you can take part in the Yates Growing Community - a blog to share successes, get advice & win prizes in fun challenges along the way!
Enter the email address associated with your account, and we'll email you a new password.
If you’re unsure if a plant is poisonous, please contact our Consumer Advice team and they will try and help you.
Some common garden plants are poisonous and their planting should, if possible, be avoided in kids’ gardens. This list is by no means exhaustive, but the inclusion of many commonly grown plants reinforces how important it is that children are taught never to eat anything in the garden unless they know it is safe.
All parts of the following plants are poisonous:
The leaves of the following plants are poisonous:
The flowers of the arum lily are poisonous. The milky sap of the following is poisonous:
The fruits and seeds of the following are poisonous:
These tubers and bulbs are poisonous: