Create a Yates account today!
Sign up to join the Yates Garden Club for monthly e-mails packed with seasonal inspiration, tips for success & exclusive promotions.
Plus if you’re a Garden Club member you can take part in the Yates Growing Community - a blog to share successes, get advice & win prizes in fun challenges along the way!
Enter the email address associated with your account, and we'll email you a new password.
Talon® Rat & Mouse Killer Wax Blocks feature a powerful brodifacoum formulation to kill rats and mice, in just one feed. Talon® Wax Blocks are a versatile and robust option, ideal for damp or dry areas.
1. Eliminate as far as practical, all alternative food sources.
2. To access the wax blocks without touching them, place a fingernail in one of the slots below and pull back the cardboard flap. If necessary, push wax block out from the front.
3. Set out bait stations in undercover areas frequented by rats and mice, in and around buildings. Nail in place if necessary. Do not place bait stations more than 2m away from buildings.
4. For mice use single blocks at intervals of 2 to 3m. For rats, use 1 to 3 blocks (depending on the level of infestation) at intervals of 5 to 9m.
5. Record the number and locations of bait stations for the purpose of replacement and later removal. Inspect and replace when all wax blocks are eaten. If eaten quickly, increase the number of blocks used. Remove wax blocks when rodent activity ceases.
6. Look for and collect dead rats or mice and dispose of carcasses safely, by burning or by wrapping in paper, placing in plastic bag and disposing of in an approved landfill.
DO NOT place wax blocks in the open.
DO NOT place wax blocks in locations accessible to children, pets, domestic animals, livestock or birds.
DO NOT allow pets to eat poisoned mice and rats.
DO NOT exceed 3m between bait stations for mice or 9m for rats.
DO NOT touch wax blocks.
DO NOT contaminate dams, waterways and drains with the wax blocks or the used container.
NOT TO BE USED FOR ANY PURPOSE OR IN ANY MANNER CONTRARY TO THIS LABEL UNLESS AUTHORISED
4 x wax blocks, total 72g
Mice & Rats
|Recommended bait placement areas||
Damp or dry areas
Talon is a registered pesticide. Read the detailed instructions on package label carefully before use.
Poisonous if swallowed.
Do not inhale dust.
Do not touch bait.
If on skin and after each baiting wash thoroughly with soap and water.
Vitamin K1 (Phythomenadione) is antidotal.
FIRST AID: FOR EMERGENCIES ONLY, CALL 0800 734 607 (ALL HOURS). If swallowed DO NOT induce vomiting. For advice, contact the National Poisons Centre (0800 764 766) or a doctor immediately.
KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN