Create a Yates account today!
Sign up to join the Yates Garden Club for monthly e-mails packed with seasonal inspiration, tips for success & exclusive promotions.
Plus if you’re a Garden Club member you can take part in the Yates Growing Community - a blog to share successes, get advice & win prizes in fun challenges along the way!
Enter the email address associated with your account, and we'll email you a new password.
There’s nothing better than homegrown goodness and with our Yates Nature’s Way Organic Vegie & Herb Mix. It’s like putting a rocket under your broccoli so to speak. Our horticulturalists put their heads together and came up with a delicious blend. Your vegies & herbs will love you for it! This nutrient-rich versatile mix can be used for all types of vegetables including root variants such as potatoes, carrots and radish. It is perfect for pots, hanging baskets and garden beds.
Yates Nature’s Way Organic Flower Mix isenriched with local New Zealand sourced:
PLANTING IN POTS:
1. Select a pot with drainage holes larger than the current container.
2. Partly fill with potting mix.
3. Remove the plant from the old pot by holding the base of the plant and tapping the pot against the edge of a table to loosen the root ball.
4. Place the plant in the pot leaving a 1-2cm space below the rim for watering.
5. Holding the plant in position, pour mix down and around the roots. Gently tap the bottom of the pot to settle the contents and add more mix if necessary.
6. Lightly press down the soil and water with Yates Thrive Natural Seaweed Tonic.
PLANTING IN GARDENS:
1. Dig a hole slightly deeper than the plant's roots, twice as wide and keep the topsoil.
2. Add potting mix, to approximately 50% of the hole and mix well with the topsoil.
3. Place the plant in the hole and fill with planting mix. Lightly press down the soil and water with Yates Thrive Natural Seaweed Tonic.
4. Apply an organic mulch around the plant, keeping it away from the stem.
5. When preparing a garden bed for general planting, use 1/2 - 1 bag per square metre and mix well into the top 20-30cm of soil.
NOT TO BE USED FOR ANY PURPOSE OR IN ANY MANNER CONTRARY TO THIS LABEL UNLESS AUTHORISED
Renewable composted bark, plant material, slow release nutrients. Seaweed and trace elements – all approved inputs for organic gardens and sourced from right here in NZ – will gently feed your plants for up to 4 months.
All ingredients are BioGro approved inputs for use in organic gardening and help you to grow your very own organic plants.
This product is made from organic materials which may contain living micro-organisms, including bacteria, fungi and protozoa. It also contains mineral and fertiliser additives. Read this information before opening and using this product.
Inhalation of dust and/or mists may irritate, inflame or sensitive the nose, throat and lungs resulting in illnesses ranging from hayfever or asthma, to pneumonia (e.g. Legionnaire's disease) or pneumonia-like illnesses. Direct contact with this material or its dust and/or mists may cause skin irritation (dermatitis), and skin or eye infection or irritation. People particularly at risk are those suffering from asthma or allergies, and those whose immune defence systems are compromised.
To reduce risks when using product, take the following precautions. Open the bag carefully and direct the opening away from the face. Avoid contact with eyes and skin. Avoid breathing dust or mists. Always wear gloves and a dust mask when handling and if dusty, keep product damp. Wash hands and exposed skin thoroughly immediately after handling. Store this product in a cool, dry location. For more information visit nzppi.co.nz/safergardening.
Irrigate eyes with plenty of water for 10 minutes. Wash the skin with soap and water. Seek medical attention for any persistent skin, eye or respiratory symptoms.
KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN AND PETS
For emergencies only call (24 hours): 0800 734 607