I think I can honestly say that the hard yards are pretty much done and dusted. This morning I did a quick sweep, emptied and moved the last of the black planters, into which I put the border dahlias, and then put the table in the BBQ area. The area still needs water blasting which hubby has said he will sort out tomorrow. In the meantime, at least we can walk without standing on clumps of mud. All in all, I think it only took an hour this morning. I also managed to sow a few more seeds - some more asparagus and sweet peas. It is a tad bit late for the sweet peas, but I thought with the iffy weather, and the demise of the passionfruit, it was worth a try.
There is obviously still the spring planting; a strawberry planter to refill; a small edge garden between the chicken coop and the berry frame (I didn't get a no when I told hubby about it this evening, so I take that as a yes); and load to take to the transfer station; and a load of bark to bring back. But these are all relatively minor jobs.
As the work decreases around the outside, we are starting to use what we can from the garden more. This is one of our favourite ways to use up veggies for lunch, and is an adaptation from an old Alison Holst's recipe, in which we pretty much add whatever veggies we have. This time I added carrots, spinach, potatoes and Japanese turnips. It is also a great way to use up our excess eggs at the moment. It also had the advantage of feeding my boys twice. Hot the first day, and cold the next day.