Today hubby was doing the hard yards with the water blaster (around about 5 or 6 hours in total) and essentially cleaning up the mess the tradies and I have been making. We do have a large area of tarseal, concrete, and paving stones so it does take a while. And this year was definitely worse than in the past.
For the first time in a long time, I took my time pottering around Palmers child free, and came away with a blueberry to replace the one we lost last year, and a new lemon tree. Likewise, we lost that last year. I also purchased an orange raspberry, a loganberry, and some more carrot seeds. All those were planted out. Connor claimed the seed tape for his garden as I suspected he would.
The turf from where the lemon tree went was used to fill up the hole created when the tree came down in the last holiday. I can now see why the guys removing it left it behind, sideways in the hole. It was really really heavy. I got there in the end. I don't think this is something we will be able to remove easily from the property so I will leave it upturned, remove the roots, and place a pot plant on top. I am also kind of tempted to paint it and turn it into a mushroom seat - it kind of has that look about it.
We also used today to give all the plants a good liquid feed. We predominantly use the Yates Thrive Natural Range throughout the season. We do interchange between the different types depending on what stage in the growing season it is.
I also had a chance to sow some more seeds - more the random seeds than ones I have to sow. I put in some passionfruit, tamarillo, cape gooseberry, yellow marigolds (all from saved seeds), and tomatillo.