After all the rain recently we have had a bit of our bark wash away in the back gardens. Originally our edging was punga logs (leftover from a fence I took down as they were rotting in places and getting too expensive to replace). Over time they have broken down and were replaced with some bricks (from the kid's car track that was in a play area). The bricks, unfortunately, didn't cope well with the recent deluge, so we replaced them with some wooden edging before we lose all the bark.
While we were at work/school today, hubby, who has Mondays off replaced the edging (after some gentle reminding before I left this morning). We have topped up with a bag of bark, but it could possibly do with another bag (it doesn't really warrant a trailer load). It was definitely nice to come home to another job ticked off the list.
Now, I am going to have to own up to something I may have also done. Over the past few days, we have been trying to work out what the disgusting smell is that we occasionally were getting a whiff of. We thought we had it narrowed down to something in the rubbish bin, and figured that the rubbish would go out tomorrow and the problem would be solved. I may have gotten a message from hubby while I was at work today saying that he had discovered it. Apparently, I forgot to dispose of my 'snail collection' from the previous weekend. I had left the bucket in the sink of the filleting bench with a bottle over the top of it (with more snails in that). He had then placed a few wood offcuts over the top of it last week when the electrician was here. Apparently, it was a case of out of sight, out of mind.