We decided to dig our Agria potatoes today instead of the traditional Boxing Day dig. We have plans for Boxing Day so in between thundery showers today we dug up what has been one of our most successful spuddie crops ever.
Three rows of seed potatoes today produced 53.9 kilo of potatoes! That is not counting the 8 kilo we tickled and ate before the final dig.
We looked back today at what it cost in money and effort.
- 2 bags of agria certified seed potatoes approximately $13.00
- a half bag of potato fertiliser approximately $ 5.00
- digging the garden and planting the seed spuds - around an hours labour
- heaping up the rows twice - around an hours labour
- covering them twice with plastic sheets because of threatening frosts - around an hours labour
- digging them today - around an hour and a halfs labour (but so much fun)
These potatoes will feed us, and anyone we invite for dinner, and some for our kids and families, for the next 6 months at least.
At a cost of $18.00 plus 4 and a half hours labour.
Have a wonderful Christmas, I so look forward to seeing more of your gardens in 2023 xx