Create a Yates account today!
Sign up to join the Yates Garden Club for monthly e-mails packed with seasonal inspiration, tips for success & exclusive promotions.
Plus if you’re a Garden Club member you can take part in the Yates Growing Community - a blog to share successes, get advice & win prizes in fun challenges along the way!
Enter the email address associated with your account, and we'll email you a new password.
Yates Surrender Moss Killer Concentrate controls moss, lichen, liverwort and algae in lawns, on roofs, cobblestones, tiles and other hard surfaces including terracotta pots.
Apply with a sprayer or watering can until the treated area is thoroughly wet. When applying to growing plants, test a small sample to ensure that treatment will not be harmful. The foliage of some plants may be damaged if contacted with the spray.
Potted ornamentals/terracotta pots: Mix 10-15ml per litre of water. Spray media/soil in pot, ensuring good coverage of liverwort and moss. If spray contacts foliage, irrigate within 30 minutes of application to wash spray from foliage.
Lawns: Mix 25-50ml per litre of water. Ensure target area is well watered prior to application of product. Good spray coverage is important. Broadcast or spot spraying is acceptable.
Cobblestones, patio areas, tiles, roofs* etc: Mix 20ml per litre of water. For heavy infestation clean off after 48 hours and re-apply. Repeat if necessary.
*NOTE: DO NOT use on roofs if used to collect drinking water.
Yates Surrender Moss Killer Concentrate kills lichens on roofs but does not remove them. This can be left to weathering or they can be removed manually a couple of weeks after treatment.
Yates Surrender Moss Killer Concentrate should not be used with other herbicides.
Yates Surrender Moss Killer Concentrate does not work as effectively under cold weather conditions.
NOT TO BE USED FOR ANY PURPOSE OR IN ANY MANNER CONTRARY TO THIS LABEL UNLESS AUTHORISED
500g/litre Benzalkonium Chloride in the form of a soluble concentrate
DANGER: Toxic if swallowed, in contact with skin, or if inhaled. May cause an allergic skin reaction. May cause allergy or asthma symptoms or breathing difficulties if inhaled. May cause damage to organs through prolonged or repeated exposure. Causes severe skin burns and eye damage. Very toxic to aquatic life. Toxic to terrestrial vertebrates.
PRECAUTIONS: Keep out of reach of children and pets. Avoid direct contact with eyes, skin and inhalation of spray mist. Wear protective gloves, clothing and eye protection when mixing or using. DO NOT eat, drink or smoke while using. Use product in well ventilated areas. Wash hands and exposed skin thoroughly after use. DO NOT contaminate any water supply or fishponds with product or empty container. DO NOT apply onto or into water or allow spray to drift over an aquatic environment, onto desirable plants or outside the target area, Keep children, pets, wildlife and birds off treated areas until spray is dry.
RECORD KEEPING: Keep a written record if using more than 200ml of product within 24 hours in a place where the product is likely to enter air or water and leave the place.
STORAGE & DISPOSAL: Store locked up. Keep in tightly closed original container safely away from children, pets and foodstuffs. Dispose of this product only by using according to the label or at a approved landfill. Triple rinse empty container. Puncture empty container, and recycle or dispose of safely with domestic rubbish.
FOR EMERGENCIES ONLY, CALL 0800 734 607 (24 HOURS)
FIRST AID: If swallowed DO NOT induce vomiting. For advice, contact the National Poisons centre 0800 764 766 or a doctor immediately. If splashed in eyes, wash out immediately with running water for at least 15 minutes and seek immediate medical attention. If skin or hair contact occurs, remove contaminated clothing and flush skin and hair with running water. DO NOT SCRUB THE SKIN.